Monday, July 28, 2008

Breaking Dawn

As some of you are aware and waiting, this Saturday, August 2nd, Breaking Dawn will be released. It is the 4th and final book in the Twilight series by Stephenie Meyer. Thanks to Lora, I love these books and have had a lot of fun with them. I read Twilight with my book club girls, inhaled New Moon a week later, and then anxiously awaited the release of Eclipse by hosting a Twilight Prom with my fabulous friends...

Julie (in blue) and Keirsten (in pink).

That's right! We planned, prepared, decorated, and hosted our own Twilight Prom and had a BLAST...
.
with family and friends.

This was by far the best girl party I have ever been to. There were 47 beautifully dressed moms, daughters, sisters, grandmas, and friends eating, reading, and dancing!

10 comments:

Michelle Ashton said...

This was so fun! I loved it. The food was yummy too!

Keirsten said...

oh..good times!

Kimm said...

That is seriously the funniest thing. I will admit I have avoided reading the twilight series..I am just tired of hearing about Edward...I don't even know who the flip he is. My whole family loves that book...maybe I will have to give in...not quite ready yet...love ya!!

The Skeehan Family said...

shuuuuuuuuutup - you are officially the most fun person I've ever met. I loVE it!

mrs. timberlake said...

Have you finished it yet?

Doug said...

Oh my gosh, I am so jealous that you have the book! Barnes and Noble sent me an email that mine has been shipped, but you know how mail in American Samoa is. . . hopefully I'll get it soon. Cute pics of the prom, you all look beautiful.

btw, this is obviously Mele and not Doug.

Julie said...

K so those pictures are soo gross of me and made me realize how happy I am to finally be losing the weight. This working out stuff is great! UGH!!But regardless it was a blast and I wouldnt have missed it for the world. So, have you read it? I am about a 100 pages away from being done!

taytum said...

That was the night that it flooded here! I remember all the time we spent decorating...and I didn't even help that much! Crazy.

Kristen said...

You are so funny. I just talked to Keirsten and she read the whole book in like two hours:) I don't dare start any of the other ones because even though it wasn't my kind of reading, I couldn't put "Twilight" down.

Kamaile said...

OH NOOO!!! Not you too. Brenna brought home Twight and couldn't stop talking about it. I wasn't interested because it was a "vampire" book. But back in July when my back went out for the umpteenth time, it was the first book I saw and figure it would kill time since I couldn't move. That was it. I made Monte go get the other ones, and finished all of them in a week. Brenna actually waited in line for "Breaking Dawn". I must admit though I haven't yet read it. Brenna liked it but I just don't want to be irritated reading it. So I don't know when I'll get around to it.

That party looked like so much fun, and darned if you didn't look just like your real prom pictures. No fare. You are still as beautiful as ever, and you have 3 kids. If only.